Quick links, bringing you great articles on writing from all over the web.
Do you have a press kit? You should. Where else can people find pictures you will let them use and more information about you. If you don’t have a press kit or just want to make sure the one you have is up to snuff, check out Digital Book World!
~ * ~
Sample Press Kit
Think of a press kit as a compilation album of your marketing materials, plus a few more goodies.
A sample press kit would have the following:
• An author photo at 300 dpi (high-resolution)
• Cover art at 300 dpi (high-resolution)
• Your book excerpt
• A sheet providing the various descriptions of the work (the one-line, the synopsis, etc.)
• An author bio (short and/or long, depending on the situation)
• Positive reviews (if you have them yet) and copies of any positive articles about you as an author or about your work
A digital press kit might “zip” all of these files into one folder for easy emailing and download. All of the above items are also things you will find in a typical list for a well-thought out author website, so you’re getting extra value out of assembling these materials and putting a press kit together.