The peak annual period for shopping in the Kindle Store begins at around 5 pm Eastern on December 24 and continues for the next two weeks, and as it approaches we’ve been payng close attention to the results that Kindle Nation Daily sponsors have been getting in their efforts to connect with more Kindle readers. Our December 2010 Kindle Nation Sponsorship Results spreadsheet is available for all to see and has now been updated through December 20. Here are some of the benchmarks:
- 14 out of 55 sponsoring titles overall have climbed into the top 1,000 in Kindle Store sales rankings
- 29 out of 55 sponsoring titles overall have climbed into the top 2,000 in Kindle Store sales rankings
- 37 out of 55 sponsoring titles overall have climbed into the top 3,000 in Kindle Store sales rankings, including
- 8 out of 8 Free Kindle Nation Shorts sponsors/excerpts
- 18 out of 21 daily Free Book Alert sponsoring titles
- Among titles priced at $3.79 and up, 4 out of 9 have climbed into the top 5,000
- Among titles priced at $0.99, 15 out of 17 have climbed into the top 2,100
- Among titles priced at $1.99, 2 out of 2 have climbed into the top 1,500
- Among titles priced at $2.99, 18 out of 29 have climbed into the top 3,000
What might an author or publisher get from sponsoring Kindle Nation, other than a warm fuzzy feeling for helping a hard-working guy like me?
There’s never a guarantee of success, and definitions of success can vary widely among authors and publishers. But if you have written or published a book of real distinction and you want to increase exposure and connect with more readers, we work hard to help you in that effort. We have over 10,000 regular readers between our several platforms, and we often refer to Kindle Nation readers as the greatest readers in the world. If I had to describe their reading habits, I couldn’t do it, but I can tell you that as readers they are prolific, savvy, price-conscious, ecumenical with respect to genre, and they don’t care for trashy books, trashy covers (even though I do), and trashy reviews (I know, because I’ve written a few!).
I hope that helps.